Do you need to complete a court-approved parenting class? If you cannot attend a class in person (in-person class details below), this is a fast, easy, educational “ONLINE” solution. Click here for enrollment details.
Redirecting Children’s Behavior Classes in Ventura County
The “Redirecting Children’s Behavior” class is designed to help parents become more creative in dealing with children and the many challenges they present. You will learn how to discipline without yelling; ways to build and enhance your children’s self-esteem; how to develop a strong sense of responsibility in your children; and how to create an encouraging family environment.
The class meets once a week for 5 weeks from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The fee for the class is $225 per person or $395 for two. The class includes 15 hours of instruction, a copy of the book Redirecting Children’s Behavior book and a workbook of exercises and handouts. To be notified of future classes and workshops, please be sure provide me with your email address. I send a class and workshop update via email.
What you can gain from this course:
- Reduce arguing, scolding and yelling
- Feel positive about your parenting skills
- Create more time for yourself
- Skills to promote agreement instead of fighting
- Promote agreement with your spouse
What you can give children from this course:
- Encourage responsibility & initiative
- Enhance high self-esteem
- Develop good decision making skills
- Encourage resistance to peer pressure
- Promote cooperation and successful attitudes
Who can benefit from this course:
- Parents expecting or having children of any age, from toddlers to teens
- Step-Parents, Grandparents, aunts and uncles, babysitters
- Teachers, Counselors, Nurses, Social Workers, or anyone who relates to children
Families can be a source of rejuvenation, fun and encouragement. If this is what you want, this course is for YOU!
More than communication training, this course contains over 100 proven parenting methods for improving behavior while enhancing your child’s self-esteem.
Five weekly classes are held for a total of 15 hours of instruction. This allows adequate time to practice and master the concepts and techniques. Weekly goals are set by each participant. Problems and successes are shared in a warm supportive environment. The Redirecting Children’s Behavior class is a court approved class in Ventura County.
“Redirecting Children’s Behavior” is based on Adlerian psychology and is strongly influenced by the work of Rudolf Dreikurs, MD., author of the highly acclaimed book “Children: The Challenge”. The course was developed by Kathryn Kvols author of the book “Redirecting Children’s Behavior”.
All “Redirecting Children’s Behavior” instructors are certified by the International Network for Children and Families.