This is 1 of 5 Mini-Workshops...
Try any one of my mini-workshops to get started! Positive Parenting is a lifestyle. My full parenting workshop covers all aspects of your child's growth and development (not to mention your own). I'm offering these recordings of live workshops along with handouts designed to tackle specific issues and give you real-world examples of Positive Parenting. I assure you that after listening to one of these classes and putting in a little effort to follow the instruction you will see the results you are looking for.
Act Now! Get All 5 ONLY $29.99
MP3: Handling Sibling Fighting
Learn the most common reasons your children fight and how to deal with it in a much more constructive way.
Download it Now!
This is an audio (MP3) recording of a live workshop with a .PDF copy of the handout mentioned in this workshop.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The 10 common reasons kids fight.
- The symptoms of a child having a negative impact from their sibling (and what to do about it).
- Insights into what your children are learning about fighting when you break up the fighting and a better way to respond.
- Learn peace-making alternatives to fighting.
This workshop is a recording of a live workshop and is 5 tracks for a total of 90 minutes. There are 2 pdf handouts included with this workshop.
Track One is 16 minutes and you will learn:
- The sounds of sibling fighting
- How long does the fighting last?
- I don’t hit my kids, why do they hit each other?
- What difference did this type of parenting make in my life with my kids?
- What is the goal of discipline? What motivates my child’s behavior? Why do they misbehave when I am being a good parent? What is the effect of yelling on my child’s behavior?
- The top 10 most common reasons why kids fight
- Why is the manner in which we handle this fighting have such a tremendous impact on their lives?
- What is sibling rivalry and how and when does it happen?
Track Two is 14 minutes and you will learn:
- A demonstration of the difference between 2 parenting styles and how the child may interpret the differences, and how their personality may develop based on the parents’ response.
- I will demonstrate the moment that sibling rivalry gets created.
- What are the 3 major signs/symptoms that a child is having a problem with sibling rivalry?
- Why is sibling rivalry potentially more dramatic for the first child?
- What are some ways to decrease the rivalry?
- What are the effects of comparisons on the rivalry?
- Three great ways to talk to kids that decreases or fixes the rivalry.
Track Three is 7 minutes and you will learn:
- Why do you fail when you try to treat your children equally?
- Learn to avoid this circumstance that puts more pressure on kids and creates more bad feeling toward each other.
- What can you do when they are getting in each other's business and driving you crazy?
Track Four is 26 minutes and you will learn:
- Learn a great way to correct or criticize a child and have them receive it well.
- How you and your spouse can use conflict to teach.
- Learn how labels and roles can impact personality development and sibling rivalry.
- The MOST important response to your child when he or she says and does means things to the baby.
- Learn a beautiful way to show your children how they are loved.
- Deb gives an example of the impact of sibling rivalry with older children, and how she responded to the impact it had on her oldest.
- Another magic tool to manage kids bickering and fighting with each other.
- I demonstrate how to handle when 2 kids are fighting over a toy.
- Listen to a real fight!!! Learn what makes a child feel like hitting their sibling. What makes a child become a bully or a victim?
- How does your parental response to fighting influence your child’s future relationship decisions?
Track Five is 26 minutes and you will learn:
- Here is an example of a great tool to avoid “crazy parent”.
- Answering questions about the alternative to kids fighting exercise.
- Example of 2-year-old girl and 9-year-old boy fighting and mom’s miraculous success.
- What happens when it doesn’t work?
- What if my child behaves well at school but gives me problems at home?
- Learn 4 more ways to “take the wind out of their sails” when they’re fighting.
- What’s the amazing away to get you out of the middle and teach your children to manage each other in a way that empowers everyone.
- What are the different results of fear-based discipline and loving discipline?
- Should you take sides when they are fighting?
- How you can be a mediator instead of being in the middle of their fighting.
- How you bring peacefulness to your family.
- What if you get annoyed?
- When should I separate them?
- Teaching them to communicate with each other with specific examples.
- Teaching conflict resolution.
- Teach the one that gives in not to sell-out on herself.