This is 1 of 5 Mini-Workshops...
Try any one of my mini-workshops to get started! Positive Parenting is a lifestyle. My full parenting workshop covers all aspects of your child's growth and development (not to mention your own). I'm offering these recordings of live workshops along with handouts designed to tackle specific issues and give you real-world examples of Positive Parenting. I assure you that after listening to one of these classes and putting in a little effort to follow the instruction you will see the results you are looking for.
Act Now! Get All 5 ONLY $29.99
MP3: Dealing With Power Struggles
Learn why kids love to power struggle, how to get out of a power struggle when you're in the middle of one, and ways to prevent them from happening in the first place.
Download it Now!
This is a recording of a live workshop.
You will immediately be emailed a ling to the MP3 recording that you can play or download.
There are 3 tracks for a total of 103 minutes. There are three pdf handouts included with this workshop.
Track One is 27 minutes and you will learn:
- What power struggles look like (like you don’t know)
- Who gets into power struggles?
- Learn why kids misbehave.
- Learn how to identify a power struggle in the moment and before is escalates.
- Learn why repeating yourself undermines your parental response.
- Where this philosophy originated, a systematic approach
- Learn the key to correct misbehavior effectively.
- Learn the 4 reasons kids misbehave and how to identify each in the moment.
- Why your discipline doesn’t work, and even utterly fails sometimes.
- Learn why you don’t need to understand why your kids are misbehaving to be effective in disciplining them.
- What happens when you motivate your children through fear?
- How you can get the child’s “thinking brain” involved in learning responsibility.
- You will hear a demonstration of kids misbehaving and how to identify why.
- Learn possible annoying behavior for a 3 year old.
- What is the belief of a child that is power struggling with you?
- Why does a child defy us?
Track Two is 18 minutes and you will learn:
- Deb power struggles with a participant to show you why kids love to power struggles with us.
- What is that smile on their face when their fighting with us?
- Learn the first step to get out of a power struggle.
- What is your child learning when we respond the old way vs. new way?
- Learn how to immediately stop a verbal battle with your child.
- When we don’t discipline effectively, learn what children will do (how they will escalate).
- The importance of assessing your children every time they misbehave.
- What is the developmental task of a 3 year old?
- Learn the surprising age that a child learns to power struggle.
- Learn how a parent causes a child to learn to power struggle and how you can un-cause it.
Track Three is 59 minutes and you will learn:
- Your parenting style affects your child’s personality.
- What is the best parenting style to deal with power struggles?
- Should you be more strict or more lenient to be effective dealing with power struggles?
- How can you lessen the power struggle during most of your child’s school years?
- Should you compromise?
- How you can get more cooperation from your kids?
- How can you help your child achieve their developmental milestone regarding power struggles?
- What happens between toddler and teenager regarding our attitude toward power struggles? Get a tool to move through sanely, effectively and quickly.
- Learn how to get your child to take out the trash without an argument.
- What is the effect of “crazy mom” on your parental authority?
- Learn what to do instead of yelling.
- Why is it bad for the kids to “run the show” and how can you turn that around?
- How to motivate a child through love rather than fear – a step by step example.
- Learn how to deepen your child’s integrity, or sense of right or wrong, which makes them more responsible.
- What about when a child is being stubborn?
- Why telling them more than once will undermine your parental authority.
- Learn the best parenting advice regarding which battles to pick.
- How to get more influence with your children and keep your relationship in tact.
- I’ll show you how to make it so your child has nothing to fight against.
- What is a child’s motivation when they are little? How do we unknowingly misuse or even damage their motivation.
- Getting the kids to work as a team.
- Learn several tools to get out of a power struggles when you are in one.
- What do you do if your child is getting into things and when you tell him to stop he doesn’t listen to you.
- Learn specific tips on how to make offering choices successful with every age and stage.
- What if your child fights you about brushing teeth or getting in the car seat or something similar?
- Learn the tools so that you aren’t miserable anymore?
- Learn how you can talk less or not at all and be effective.
- Learn the best prevention of all misbehavior, especially power struggles.